An old blacksmith is now too old to adapt to the changing technological society. Frustrated, he creates his own universe in which he eventually also becomes obsolete.
“The rural aspects of the subject required an expressionistic approach in technique. The Laethem painting school from the turn of the 20st century brought lots of inspiration. The technique we developed was extremely time consuming”.
1973: Public Prize: Film International – Antwerp (Belgium)
1973: In competition: Berliner Filmfestspiele – Berlin (Germany).
– format: 35mm
– Frame: 1 x 1.33
– Sound: Optical – Mono
– Length: 8’30”
– Original version: international – no dialogue
– Directed by: Raoul Servais
– Script: Raoul Servais
– Animation: Willy Verschelde
– Backgrounds: Norbert Desyn
– Music: Lucien Goethals
– Produced by: Absolon Films/Anagram, realized with the support of the Flemish Community
vzw FONDS RAOUL SERVAIS
c/o Hubert Frère Orbanlaan 502, 9000 GENT BELGIUM
+32 9 3719852